Spermogram – is a type of diagnosis, which allows you to identify male infertility, prostatitis and various infections. Sperm is exposed to exploration, is given the most complete picture of the state of ejaculate and sperm. This method is highly accurate and simple analysis by which one can judge the male fertility.
As a rule, such a study is prescribed mandatory if the couple go to the doctor suspected of having infertility.
Ideally, semen analysis should consist of four tests:
- Total spermiogram;
- Strict morphology by Krueger;
- Surfacing in a density gradient;
- Anti-sperm antibodies.
Only in this complex spermiogram can really give a full and detailed response regarding male fertility.
In order to deliver the semen analysis, you need to pre-book an appointment to reproduction. From 3 to 5 days a man is given abstinence before semen analysis, avoiding alcohol, visiting the baths and saunas. Then, in a special room, which must be equipped with a clinic, you can take the semen. Everybody knows that this is best done through masturbation.
Collection of ejaculate should be done in a sterile container. To use condoms in any case impossible, because their spermicidal lubricant will break data of spermiogram. As a rule, you can take the semen analysis in the first half of the day to 12 hours. Given that research is now carried out with the help of computer Indicators of, the result is most often ready within a few hours.
It will be appreciated that the patient will not be able to decipher spermiogram. This should be done by the specialist. There are, of course, indexes, which are typical for sperm in norm, but even knowing them, all the same for the final verdict is necessary to go to the doctor, urologist or andrologist.
Indicators of Spermiogram Data
- Volume – 2.0 ml or more;
- Liquefaction – no more than 60 minutes;
- Acidity – from 7.2 to 7.8;
- Number – from 20 Mio/1 ml;
- The number of sperm in the semen sample – 40 million or more;
- Gradient mobility – 3-4 points;
- The presence of motile sperm is greater than 25% (Category A), more than 50% in terms of (A + B).
Explanation of results in regard to data of spermiogram:
- Category A – rapid progression (rapid movement of sperm);
- Category B – slow progression (slow motion);
- Category C – no progression (sperm live, without traffic);
- Category D – fixed (dead sperm).
In addition, MAR-test is carried out (test with immune beads) semen analysis – allowed 10% of motile sperm, coated with antibodies.
Meaning of Analysis by Secondary Outcomes
If the spermiogram is bad, then do not despair, because the indexes are subject to change that is why for the diagnoses of male infertility specialists recommend re-deliver the semen analysis at intervals of not less than 2-3 weeks.
It should also be based on secondary data analysis, which is conducted to refine the results of the first test.
- Morphology by Krueger – more than 30% of spermatozoa with normal head shape;
- Gluing (agglutination) is missing;
- White blood cells – is <1 million per 1 ml;
- Round cells (young spermatozoa) – is less than 5 million/1 ml.
When the results of semen analysis are not good enough, treatment typically includes drugs of L-carnitine, folic acid, vitamin E and zinc, selenium. All these substances normalize production of spermatozoa and improve the quality of sperm at course intake. There are specialized facilities to enhance male fertility containing these nutrients in optimal dosages for spermatogenesis.
Of course, the delivery of semen analysis – is not the most pleasant analysis. However, the role of semen analysis in the search for the causes of infertility is enormous: problems of many couples have been discovered and solved thanks to the evaluation of sperm quality.